Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Falafels!

Mmmmm falafel's! I love falafel's, and I made dinner without touching my oven/stove! I used my electric large frying pan, which is great for 105 degree days. I went to the farm today with G and the kiddos, and let me just say it was hot. The kiddos and I picked raspberries and ended up drenched in sweat when we were done. We were offered another woman's 1/2 pint if we wanted to pick them and it was so hot we opted not to. It was that hot.
Tomatoes are finally here! I am sure in a few weeks I may be sick of them, but for now, I am stoked. I whipped up a semi- Greek salad with a cucumber (imagine that!), 2 heirloom tomatoes, 1/4 of an onion, and feta cheese. I topped it with the dressing I used on the beet salad a few posts ago. Mmmm.
I used a box mix for the falafels. For the tzatziki I free styled it, it came out tasty. You are supposed to drain the yogurt with a cheese cloth, but I did not take the time to do it. I also served it atop of a flatbread instead of a pita, it stayed together much better than a pita would.
Tzatziki
2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
1 container greek yogurt
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lemon juice
2 T dill
salt and pepper to taste
Mix together and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
Dinner was so light and refreshing, a great meal for a summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment